» Listings for February 2011
Posted on 8:00pm Saturday 5th Feb 2011
Effective for the period from 1st January, 2012 until 31st March, 2012
Notary Public fees in the City of London are expensive and our fees are based on the amount of time taken to deal with the whole matter and are charged based upon an hourly rate. Our Notary Public fees for professional services consist of our legal and other fees, reimbursable expenses (sometimes known as "disbursements") and Value Added Tax ("VAT"). VAT is charged on our fees. We are registered for VAT. Our VAT Registration Number is 125276031. Notaries are to charge the same fees as a commercial solicitors in their geographical area. Our fees are payable by electronic bank transfer or in cash and are due on completion of the Notarisation. Upon payment, your document will be released to you.
Unless otherwise agreed, our charges are calculated using the Law Society of England and Wales fees formula, on the basis of our hourly rate of £350.00 per hour , plus VAT of £70.00 = £420.00 , applied to the time spent by lawyers working on the matter. This will include drafting documents, advising, reporting, dealing with correspondence, email messages, text messages, telephone calls, preparing for and attending meetings, reading papers, researching the law and travelling to client premises.
Our Notary Public Legal fees are as follows:
1. Our minimum, per document, fee is £100.00, plus VAT of £20.00 = £120.00;
2. For immigration documents for Australia, Canada and South Africa our fee is £350.00 per hour, plus VAT of £70.00 = £420.00 per hour;
3. For the preparation of a Notarial Certificate to accompany a document, our fee is £160.00 per document, plus VAT of £ 32.00 = £192.00;
4. Express two day Apostille fee is £250.00,per Apostille, plus VAT of £50.00 = £300.00;
5. Routine seven day Apostille fee is £120.00,per document, plus VAT of £24.00 = £144.00;
6. Embassy in London fees vary between £40.00 per document to £420.00 per document , plus VAT at 20%;
7. Out of office travel time, to meet clients at their office premises, is charged at the rate of £180.00 per hour, plus VAT of £36.00 = £216.00.
Our Commissioner for Oaths Legal fees are as follows:
1. For Swearing an Affidavit, Statutory Declaration or Property lease, we charge £5.00 per document, including VAT and for each exhibit referred to, we charge £2.00 per document, including VAT. These fees are set by the Commissioner for Oaths (Fees Order) 1993/2297;
Further information concerning our legal fees can be obtained by either completing our online enquiry form or by ringing us on +44(0) 20 3178 5780.